I’m excited to launch a new monthly blogging challenge which I hope you will join me in:
‘See It, Blog It‘ is all about encouraging you to visit and see something in your local(ish) area. Following on from my tourist day in London it became obvious how often we wander around without actually taking things in, looking closely at familiar places and spaces or never actually get round to visiting ‘that place’. I have also recently taken up the monthly Belleau Kitchen ‘Random Recipes‘ challenge, which has been a fantastic way to push my baking skills as well as introducing me to other blogs and bloggers I may otherwise have never known about. The added bonus is that it gives me a blog post for the month and we all know how difficult it can sometimes be to find something to write about!
So, here’s how it works:
1. At the start of the month I will set a very loose theme involving getting out and about, seeing something new and recording it on your blog. You are free to interpret the theme however you like but it must involve visiting somewhere or something.
2. Grab your camera and notebook, get out there and see it!
3. Blog about it however you like by the stipulated challenge deadline date, including a link back to the original challenge post (that’s this one for September).
4. Let me know your ‘See It, Blog It’ post is up by replying to my original monthly challenge blog post, ping me on twitter using the hashtag #seeitblogit (I will also retweet your #seeitblogit tweet), or send an email to rachelatkinson (at) yahoo (dot) com.
5. Following the deadline I will collate all the entries, including an image and link back to your blog, so you can see and read about what everyone else has been up to.
There’s no compulsory sign up, you can dip in and out month-by-month as you please…this isn’t intended to be a stressful exercise! I am keen to make it accessible to everyone and hope that it will inspire seasoned, new and occasional bloggers (myself included) to get out and See It, Blog It.
So, for the September challenge let’s start with something easy; Summer is on it’s way out, the Autumn chill is in the air and the kids are back in school making it a bit quieter in museums, galleries, stately homes, parks, woods and gardens, so go out, visit somewhere you have been meaning to get to but never have and record your adventure in whatever way you like. The deadline for this months challenge is Wednesday 25th September so without further ado, off you go and See It, Blog It!
Can’t wait to see what you get up to!